- To advance public participation in the sport of VX in Scotland.
Our Aims & Objectives:
- To provide free taster sessions to schools (Primary and Secondary), Universities, Active Schools, other Sports Clubs and any other institution or group.
- To provide development routes so that those who get involved have a path to where they want to be in the sport.
- To provide support in the setting up of new clubs where required.
- To provide training for players, coaches and referees within the sport.
- To monitor, develop and grow the sport of VX in Scotland.
- To promote VX within Scotland.
- To govern VX within Scotland by ensuring all members adhere to the four principles we stand for: Integrity, Respect, Honour and Inclusivity.
- To organise National & Regional competition within Scotland between associated club’s & teams.
- To represent the participants of VX in Scotland at an international level.
- To guide and help associated clubs/members where necessary.
- To organise, train and manage the international VX squads representing Scotland.
Our 5 Year Plan:
Below is a brief outline of our main aims for the next 5 years. This is a rough timeline that will actively change as developments progress.
First Year (2016)
- Coaching Qualifications Developed (Level 1 to 4) to UKCC Standard
- Refereeing Qualifications Developed (Level 1 to 3)
- Continuous Professional Development (CPD) program designed
- Design Performance Development Program
- Build up Representatives’ Positions within NGB and Roles/Involvement
Second Year (2017)
- Implement Performance Development Program
- Implement CPD
- Work Towards Getting the Sport into Education System
- Begin Talks with Universities with aim to set up new clubs
- Start Regional Competitions
- Plan National V2 & V10 Tournaments
- Push for Schools to use within Sports Education
- Identify and Build Relationship with a University
- Run National Tournaments
- Build up Regional Competitions
- Have at least one University Club setup
- Look to Start Plans for Inter-School Competitions/Events
- SportScotland Recognition (Target)